When it comes to maintaining a cozy temperature in your home throughout the coldest months of the year, we'll do our utmost to ensure that you and your family are comfortable. We provide furnace installations, repairs, and maintenance services, so you can count on JDL HVAC for the duration of the service life of your heating system. Here’s a bit more about each of our services:
Furnace Installations and Replacements
Whether you need to install your first furnace in a new home, or you need to swap out an old furnace that is on its last leg, we can help. We provide furnace swaps and installation services, and we can retrofit your current duct system with a new unit. We can also work with you to understand the demands of your household, so that we can advise you on the best furnace make and model to suit your home. We strive to make our installations as quickly as possible — often within the same day that you call — so that you can enjoy a comfortable, warm home right away.
If your furnace isn’t operating as it should, then you have a time-sensitive problem on your hand, especially if it’s the dead of winter here in central Maryland. That’s why we strive to provide speedy service for any furnace issues that you may encounter. Give us a call right away if you notice any of the following problems:
- Large temperature fluctuations: While some temperature fluctuations are normal, your home’s temperature shouldn’t be changing more than a couple of degrees between heating intervals. If you notice that your furnace isn’t consistently warming your home, then you may have an issue with the thermostat and zoning of your vents. We can assess the issue at hand and provide you a solution, so that your home is consistently comfortable.
- Little heat: If your furnace is turning on, yet it isn’t keeping your home warm, then it isn’t doing its job. Poor heat can be caused from a litany of issues, so we’ll have to stop by to pinpoint the problem at hand. You may have a gunked-up air filter, you may have a bad blower fan, or you may have blocked ventilation, among other issues.
- Complete failure: If your furnace simply won’t turn on at all, then it may require a repair, or it may be time to invest in a new furnace. We can assess the situation, and we’ll let you know your options before we provide a solution.
- Pilot light/ignition failure: If your pilot light has gone out and you can’t get it to reignite, then you may have a further issue. We can take a look at your pilot light to see if it has become gunked up. You may also have an electric ignition that can fail. We can swap out your ignition, or ensure that your pilot light is operational once again. In either case, be sure to shut off the gas to your furnace while you’re awaiting our help.
- Thermostat issues: If your thermostat is poorly calibrated, or if its in a bad location in your home, then you may notice that your home won’t maintain your desired temperature — even when you adjust the settings. We can take a look at your thermostat and propose a solution.
- Fan issues: Your fan should pump heated air throughout your home. And without an operational fan, that hot air will stay in your furnace. We can assess motor and electrical issues that can occur in heater fans.
- Duct problems: If you have ducts that are obstructed, or if you have ducts that are leaking, then you’ll lose precious warm air. We can track down any duct problems that you may have, in order to keep that hot air flowing.
Maintaining your furnace isn’t just a good decision for the efficiency and energy savings it will provide, it’s also a wise choice since it will ensure that you don’t run out of heat when you need it most. We offer a seasonal maintenance plan that is designed to keep your furnace running at its best for years on end. Feel free to learn more about the various maintenance services that we perform with each maintenance appointment.